5 Biggest Scandals YouTube Teaches Us To Stay Away From
YouTube is a great resource for learning, but there are also some 5 news youtube scandals you should stay away from.
For example, the Logan Paul video where he filmed a dead body in Japan has caused a lot of controversy. Many people believe that this video is disrespectful and could lead to further violence.
Another big issue is the Prank vs. Prank videos on YouTube. These videos typically involve two friends challenging each other to funny or unusual stunts. However, some of these pranks have gone too far and created serious injuries or even death.
Finally, there’s the controversies surrounding PewDiePie. He’s been labelled a racist and antisemite by many people because of his jokes and videos. Some of these jokes are extremely offensive and could cause real emotional harm to others.
al jazeera news today youtube
YouTube is a site that allows users to upload, view, and share videos. It has become one of the most popular online platforms, with more than 1.5 billion active users.
Despite its popularity, YouTube has also been involved in several scandals. Here are five of the biggest:
1. Dogging the microphone: In January 2014, popular YouTuber John Green was criticized after he used his channel to promote a book he was writing while talking over a live interview. The footage later went viral, sparking backlash against Green and highlighting the issue of “dogging the mic” – when personalities use their channels to promote other products without letting interviewers finish their questioning.
2. Manipulative ads: In 2016, YouTube faced criticism for how its ads are designed. A study by The Wall Street Journal found that almost half of all videos with advertising contained deceptive content, including misleading claims about product performance or features. This led to calls for YouTube to create stricter ethical standards for advertisers.
3. Sexism on YouTube: In March 2017, it was reported that women making videos about tech and gaming were experiencing sexism and harassment from viewers. Viewers reportedly reacted aggressively to female creators who didn’t fit the stereotype of a “ideal” woman gamer or tech enthusiast. YouTube responded by announcing new policies aimed at reducing harassment and promoting gender diversity on its platform.
4. Russia Today conspiracy theory: In September 2018, it was
canada news youtube
There are plenty of cautionary tales to be found on YouTube, some of which you may have heard before and others that are new to you. Here are five of the biggest scandals to hit the platform and what we can learn from them.
1. The Logan Paul Scandal: In July 2018, Logan Paul uploaded a video of himself and his friends visiting the Aokigahara forest in Japan, which is known for its particularly gruesome suicide scenes. In the video, Paul and his crew walk past what appears to be a dead body before getting into a fight with a group of Japanese men who had been filming the body. The video has since been deleted but not before it drew outrage from across the world, with many accusing Paul of being insensitive and promoting violence against Japanese people.
The scandal highlighted some of the dangers of posting videos online without properly vetting them first, as well as highlighting the need for social media platforms to take greater account of users’ safety when it comes to posting content. As a result, YouTube has since implemented new guidelines designed to promote responsible behaviour among its creators.
2. The Logan Paul Scandal: In July 2018, Logan Paul uploaded a video of himself and his friends visiting the Aokigahara forest in Japan, which is known for its particularly gruesome suicide scenes. In the video, Paul and his crew walk past what appears to be a dead body before getting into a fight with a group of Japanese men who had been filming